Ingredients for 2 braids
For the puff pastry braid
- 75g Arbi Shell-on Shrimp Tails
- 60g courgettes
- 250g milk
- 35g flour
- 35g butter
- 2 packets puff pastry
- 2-3 shallots
- a few cloves
- salt and pepper to taste
For the sweet and sour peppers
- 1/4 yellow peppers
- 1/4 red peppers
- 25g sugar
- 2 shallots
- half a glass white vinegar
- a few drops balsamic vinegar
- extra virgin olive oil
- salt to taste
- chilli (optional)
Preparation of the puff pastry braid
- Prepare the béchamel: boil the milk with the whole shallots, stuck with cloves.
- Separately in a pan, melt the butter and incorporate the flour, mixing well, into a thick paste (roux).
- Bring the milk to the boil, add salt, pepper and nutmeg, remove the shallots, add the roux.
- Continue cooking over a low heat, stirring alternately with a whisk and a wooden spoon until the béchamel is thickened.
- Defrost the tails and remove the shell, then blanch in lightly salted water.
- Wash the courgettes and cut them into half slices. Cook quickly in boiling water.
- Add the shrimp tails and courgettes to the mixture.
Preparation of the sweet and sour peppers
- Wash and clean the peppers, cut them into small strips. In a frying pan fry the chopped shallots in extra virgin olive oil, add the peppers and cook for about 6 minutes, then add the vinegar and sugar and leave to reduce.
- When the cooking is finished, if you wish add chilli.
- Serve the braid on a serving dish and accompany with sweet and sour peppers.